1. PICK A THEME
Everyone loves a cute thematic dinner or brunch and honestly, it can make your life so much easier!
- It's not only really helpful to have a theme to guide your decor and menu
- When you send out your invites and let everyone know that there is a theme I can call attention to any possible dietary restrictions that people can make you aware of (it's always a nice touch to ask your guests if there are any as well)
- The best part of a theme is the photos... You can even ask your guests to dress the part too to take your Insta game up a whole new level!
2. USE WHAT YOU GOT!
People LOVE home grown anything. If you have a garden it's a nice touch to use the fruits, veggies, floral and fauna in your recipes and for your table setting.
- You can even display your fruits and veggies as part of your table scape which will call attention to the fact that your guests are eating fresh!
- If you don't have a garden you can do a little foraging or just use locally grown produce.
3. LITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS
The best way to make your life easier and the party more fun is to co-host or reach out to a good friend for some help. It just makes your life so much easier if you have a little help from your friends!
- Everyone gets an assignment that they are fully in charge of which makes people feel good, especially once the guests arrive and start complimenting the food, decor or cleanliness of the space.
- One fun thing you can do is invite 2 people to co-host and have them both invite 2 guests so that there is a fun mix of people who may not otherwise have gotten to meet.
4. PERSONAL TOUCHES
It's all about the details! Adding personal and handmade touches never goes un-noticed.
- People love having their name cards on their plates but a fun little DIY is to make personalized place mats (coming soon to DO IT LUX!)
- Making or purchasing a little gift for each of your guests is really thoughtful and will make the night memorable.
- I use my handmade ceramics at every dinner I host. You might not be a ceramist but that doesn't mean you can't jazz up some inexpensive glasses or plates to go with your theme - check out this glass marbling DIY for some inspiration!